27 June 2006

On to some personal issues


The last posts or so have been oriented largely toward essays and essay ideas I have that I would like put down for possible later use; hence naming this blog a "Repository." However, it would probably be more interesting and more appropriate to write more personally about my life and day to day experiences. That is more the genre of this venue. I will attempt to mix in variety as the mood inspires, but I will try to stick more toward the journal type of tone for the most part.

Today is my last day of summer relaxation, I believe. Tomorrow is my first day of summer session classes. It is amazing to see the changes in campus since last weekend. It has gone from crickets to crowds. A wonderful thing about living in State College is being able to have both the excitment of a small city-- with nightlife, and mostly everything and everyone within walking distance--as well as the tranquility of the rolling farmlands and mountains when you need to get away. I'm quite grateful for the time I've had to explore the surrounding areas and to take in the splendor of the area.

Tomorrow I will return to the homework, the books, the papers, and such. There is beauty in everything in creation. It's perhaps a little difficult to see in the case of school. In any case, I will be taking techinical writing. Perhaps I'll post some of my work up here... lucky you! I will also be taking Machine Design and Heat Transfer. It should be exciting. I had professor I'm going to have for Machine Design already for another class (mechanics of vibrations). He's a good guy and is definitely willing to help out.

I will also have a busy busy work schedule in July. I'm even working on 4th of July for 16.5 hours! Somehow in EMS, it's not a big deal to work that much. I'd be doing it for free if I could afford to. So, it's going to be hectic, but somehow it will work out. Speaking of work, the last two shifts I've had haven't gone too too well. We had a minor incident with the ambulance in which the driver (not me!) accidentally scraped the fender flare against a cement wall. The next shift I had a partner who was just difficult to work with for me. I don't like saying bad things about people, so we'll just leave it at that. This Wednesday, I know I'll have a great crew.

I'm looking forward to all of the interesting things to come ahead. Hopefully this summer session will be successful.

0 Spam messages: