26 August 2006

Last time home for a while

I just got back into dear 'ol State College yesterday afternoon after a week at home. It was quite a refreshing time for me. I had a great chance to do some work other than school work... very fulfilling.

I had built some bed lofts, which took a while to put together upon arrival back at my apartment, but it finally did get done. Now my room looks just like my freshman dormroom-so much so that my roommate and I have named it "Dorm Room 2.0"
After finishing the loft building venture (photos to come later), I had to work this morning at 7am. I came into work to find that Katrina had returned at last from her voyage in Australia!(voyage=study abroad semester). I was actually really excited to see her. In fact, I would go as far as to say it made my day, although I really didn't show it! Even at 6:45 am, she is just a lot of fun to be around.

One of the websites I find myself visiting more and more these days is YouTube.com I just love to browse through the videos that are posted there. I love particularly how you can just jump from one video to the next through the "related videos" list that is generated each time you open up a new video. It's an easy way to kill hours of time better spent elsewhere! It's truely extrordinary. Anyway, one of the videos I've come across on that site has to do with UFO's. This was after viewing a couple of videos regarding scientology... which is another subject altogether that I will have to address in a future blog entry. Those people are scary. But I digress...

This stuff was pretty intriging; bringing me back to my childhood when I was completely obsessed with space and UFOs. You have no idea! After I saw Star Wars my imagination was filled with spacecraft and life in space with battles...the whole bit! I was fascinated by the idea of this huge universe beyond our world. I remember staring out of the window for long periods of time in the hope that I would see a UFO. Well, if you're a nerd like me, it's pretty interesting to read and see the different backgrounds (back-stories, if you will) to these so called sightings and see how people are able to eventually debunk them. I think a lot of this is pretty sharp and clever stuff! The key element to a good UFO story is that you only have a very basic idea of the scene, and the rest is shrouded in mystery. It lets you wonder, "well maybe... it's possible..." But once you get all of the facts, what seems to be totally amazing turns out to be completely bogus. There are some pretty famous photos that turned out to be radiators or afterburners on a jet taking off or in one case a piece of furniture launched into the sky and then photographed.

And now for the Church Latin lesson of the day!

I am finishing up the rest of the creed of the people's mass. Other Latin lessons will be added onto earlier posts.
Et unam, sanctam, cathólicam et apostólicam Ecclésiam. Confíteor unum baptísma in remissiónem peccatorum. Et expecto resurrectionem mortuorum. Et vitam ventúri sæculi. Amen.
We figure out what Ecclesiam is from the world "Ecclesial." That is, "church." So what kind of church? unam (one) sanctam (holy) catholicam et apostolicam (catholic/universal and apostolic). It is a church built on the apostles.
"Confiteor" (I profess) unum baptisima (one baptisim) in remissionem (in remission or removal... if cancer is in remission, it is removed-not present) peccatorum (sins).
Et expecto (and I expect - based off of the conjugation of the verb, "expecto") resurrectionem mortuorum (the resurrection of the dead - from the word mortal or mortus). Et vitam (and life - think vital or vida in spanish) venturi saeculi (venturi means future and saeculi means centuries... in context to mean forever).

0 Spam messages: