01 June 2006

The uncontrollable food issue

My roommate Ryan has decided that he would like to individualize all of our food choices. That is, we share nothing. Therefore, we have up to four containers of milk in the refrigerator, four different cheeses, four different everything. This is a slightly absurd situation, but it seems pretty fair overall. What it unfortunately leads to, however, is a situation where there is not enough room for us all to fit our stuff into our modestly sized refrigerator.

This problem was exacerbated when said roommate inherited about 30 lbs of food from his sister's graduation party last week. He decided not to share his food. This decision is his right and I have nothing against it... except that our refrigerator which we all pay equally to run is housing all of HIS food. 90% of the food I have claimed for myself is non-perishable.

Furthermore, these other roomies of mine insist on using the air conditioner. This would not be so aggrivating if I didn't see them sleeping with BLANKETS over themselves at night. Growing up, my house had 2 window units. One was in my parents' room. The other was in our family room. AKA I slept with a normal ceiling fan and no AC and things were peachy. How 'bout we forgo a little bit of comfort now so we can save our money and the environment. I guarantee you that global warming will cause you a great deal more discomfort.

0 Spam messages: